Bundarra Primary School boasts highly supportive and engaging classroom environments, which focus strongly on effectively structured ‘Literacy and Numeracy’ lessons and explicit teaching which is personalised to meet the individual needs of every student.
At Bundarra a comprehensive curriculum is provided which covers all areas of The Victorian Curriculum as set out by the Department of Education: English, Mathematics, Health and Physical Education, The Arts, Languages Other Than English, Humanities, Communication, Design Creativity & Technology, Civics and Citizenship, Interpersonal development and Personal learning.
- Personalised learning at the point of need of students.
- Engaging, real life learning opportunities through our curriculum.
- Outstanding Early Years Literacy and Numeracy programs.
- Highly supportive and stimulating classroom environments.
- Strong focus on effectively structured ‘Literacy and Numeracy’ lessons and explicit teaching.
- Whole school independent reading structures.
- Whole school buddy reading program.
- Individual learning plans to cater for all student needs.
- Learning support intervention programs including MiniLit, MaqLit, Fountas and Pinnell language support structures and QuickSmart numeracy.
- Huge gymnasium with a full sized basketball court.
- Sporting Schools afterschool program.
- PE, Art, Music, Computers and STEM specialist classes.
- Well resourced and supported school Library.
- Student Leaders Program.
- Lunchtime activities: Art, Library, gymnasium and sports activities
- Centrally located within walking distance of the city centre, Fawthrop Lagoon, Yarraman Park, Nelson Park.
- Restorative Practices School.
- ‘Be Your Best Self!’ social wellbeing program.
- Berry Street Education Model immersion across the school.
- Full time Well Being and Community Liaison co-ordinators.
- Wonder Room- Developmental Curriculum playspace.
- Grade 5 & 6 Netbook Program with 1:1 technology.
- School Choir.
- Great camp policy and program (Foundation excursion, Gr 1-2 sleepover, grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 camps).
- Interactive whiteboards or Smart TV’s in all classrooms.
- iPad technology across all classrooms.
- Cultural performances held regularly.
- Annual School Concert & Artist In Residence Program.
- Daily healthy breakfast program.
- Active Student Representative Council (SRC).
More information on the Victorian Curriculum can be accessed here:
Specialist programs offered by the school include languages other than English (LOTE) – Dhauwurd Wurrung, the arts, physical education, science, information communication technology (ICT) and Music.
We have a large computer lab with 30 desktop computers, which assists in developing a high level of information technology skills. Each classroom has access to computers connected to a whole school network. We have a grade 5-6 netbook program where students have access to one to one technology, to support their learning. We implement intervention programs such as MiniLit, MaqLit, JEMM and EMM and Language Support Program structures within the school.
The ‘Be Your Best Self’ and Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships program is implemented into school life from prep to year 6.
Extra curricula activities
Sporting Schools- “Tackers Sailing” program
Each year, usually at the start of Term 4, Bundarra employs an Artist in Residence- a full week’s activities which culminates in a whole school performance. With every student performing on stage, this concert provides a vehicle for teaching many valuable skills. These concerts are held in our gymnasium.
SRC Canoeing 2021
We like to reward our hard working SRC students with a special treat. In 2021 were lucky to go canoeing on the Surry River at Narrawong. Thanks Ramon!
ANZAC DAY 2021