Bundarra Primary School boasts highly supportive and engaging classroom environments, which focus strongly on effectively structured ‘Literacy and Numeracy’ lessons and explicit teaching which is personalised to meet the individual needs of every student.
At Bundarra a comprehensive curriculum is provided which covers all areas of The Victorian Curriculum as set out by the Department of Education: English, Mathematics, Health and Physical Education, The Arts, Languages Other Than English, Humanities, Communication, Design Creativity & Technology, Civics and Citizenship, Interpersonal development and Personal learning.
- Personalised learning at the point of need of students.
- Engaging, real life learning opportunities through our curriculum.
- Outstanding Early Years Literacy and Numeracy programs.
- Highly supportive and stimulating classroom environments.
- Strong focus on effectively structured ‘Literacy and Numeracy’ lessons and explicit teaching.
- Whole school independent reading structures.
- Whole school buddy reading program.
- Individual learning plans to cater for all student needs.
- Learning support intervention programs including MiniLit, MaqLit, Fountas and Pinnell language support structures and QuickSmart numeracy.
- Huge gymnasium with a full sized basketball court.
- Sporting Schools afterschool program.
- PE, Art, Music, Computers and STEM specialist classes.
- Well resourced and supported school Library.
- Student Leaders Program.
- Lunchtime activities: Art, Library, gymnasium and sports activities
- Centrally located within walking distance of the city centre, Fawthrop Lagoon, Yarraman Park, Nelson Park.
- Restorative Practices School.
- ‘You Can Do It’ social wellbeing program.
- Berry Street Education Model immersion across the school.
- Full time Well Being and Community Liaison co-ordinators.
- Wonder Room- Developmental Curriculum playspace.
- Grade 5 & 6 Netbook Program with 1:1 technology.
- School Choir.
- Great camp policy and program (Foundation excursion, Gr 1-2 sleepover, grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 camps).
- Interactive whiteboards or Smart TV’s in all classrooms.
- iPad technology across all classrooms.
- Cultural performances held regularly.
- Annual School Concert & Artist In Residence Program.
- Daily healthy breakfast program.
- Active Student Representative Council (SRC).
More information on the Victorian Curriculum can be accessed here:
Specialist programs offered by the school include languages other than English (LOTE) – Indonesian, the arts, physical education, science, information communication technology (ICT), Music & reading recovery. We have a large computer lab with 30 desktop computers, which assists in developing a high level of information technology skills. Each classroom has access to computers connected to a whole school network. We have a grade 5-6 netbook program where students have access to one to one technology, to support their learning. We implement intervention programs such as Reading Recovery, Lexia and Language Support Program structures within the school. The ‘You Can Do It’ program is implemented into school life from prep to year 6.
We allocate regular Professional Learning Community (PLC) time where staff work collaboratively in teams to plan engaging and challenging lessons, and to ensure that we cater for each students learning at the point of need. We develop Individual Learning Plans to support students with their learning at an A, D and E. We have a professional staff that have been working towards developing a Professional Learning Community, they meet regularly through PLT meetings to analyse student data, discuss strategies and cater for individual student learning needs.
We have a consistent assessment schedule that has been constantly reviewed and revised. Assessment data is regularly entered through SPA, targets set for all students Reading and Numeracy data, Dad Walls developed and staff use these to assist our whole school monitoring of student progress.
We are involved and represented in a range of sporting competitions; Athletics and Cross Country carnivals, Winter Series Interschool Sport competitions, basketball and cricket clinics and carnivals. The school offers a range of lunchtime activities for students to be involved in such as an interactive art centre, library and gymnasium, which are open for students at different times. We offer an afterschool sporting program: Sporting Schools which is offered two nights a week, to where students receive a healthy snack and engage in skills and drills to learn different sports.
Sporting Schools- “Tackers Sailing” program
Each year, usually at the start of Term 4, Bundarra employs an Artist in Residence- a full week’s activities which culminates in a whole school performance. With every student performing on stage, this concert provides a vehicle for teaching many valuable skills. These concerts are held in our gymnasium.
2019 Anzac Day commeration march