School Strategic Plan
All state schools operate under a schools strategic plan; this is available on request from the principal. Strategic Plans are used to set long term direction, and this is accompanied by Annual Implementation Plans which are reviewed and renewed annually.
Each year we review our progress and set goals in an Annual Improvement Plan (AIP). For 2019 our work will be around the following:
School Goal 1: To improve outcomes in literacy and numeracy for all students Foundation to G6.
- Ensure all students deemed capable make 12 months Victorian Curriculum growth annually.
- Grow achievement in all NAPLAN Top 2 Bands Y3 2017- Y5 2019, specifically:
- 2019 Grade 5 Reading at 41% (11 students) in top two bands (bands 5,6 or even 7&8).
- 2019 Grade 5 Writing at 25% (6 students) in top two bands (bands 5,6 or even 7&8).
- 2019 Grade 5 Numeracy at 25% (6 students) in top two bands (bands 5,6 or even 7&8).
- Increase the number of G3 students performing in the top 2 bands in NAPLAN: 2019
- Grade 3 Reading to 45% or 8 students in top two bands (bands 4,5 & even 6).
- 2019 Grade 3 Writing to 20% or 3 students in top two bands (bands 4,5 & even 6).
- 2019 Grade 3 Numeracy to 20% or 3 students in top two bands (bands 4,5 & even 6).
Key Improvement Strategy: Build capacity to effectively teach Literacy and Numeracy through High Impact Teaching Strategies (HITS), school developed Protocols, Pedagogical models and feedback processes.
- Develop capacity and understanding around the Reading Instructional Model.
- Deepen understanding of DET Pedagogical Model, Practice Principles and HITS.
- Create Protocols for a range of teaching and learning processes in literacy and numeracy.
- Develop teacher capacity and understanding of the 6 Traits of Writing.
- Develop a Writing Instructional Model to explore explicit teaching and learning of writing.
- Refine Numeracy Instructional Model, incorporating DET Pedagogical Model, Practice Principles and HITS.
- Develop capacity to use student data to plan for effective teaching of Numeracy.
- Enhance knowledge and capacity to work as effective teams through a PLC Mini project.
- Utilise FISO improvement cycle and school Data Analysis Tool to monitor student learning.
- Use data and evidence to monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies.
School Goal 2: To build a positive climate for learning so that students are confident, healthy and resilient.
- Attitudes to School Data- “Classroom behaviour” to improve from 71%- 80% (boys) and from 78%- 86%.
- “Student Voice and agency” to increase from 55%- 60% (boys) and from 65%- 75% (girls)
- “School Connectedness” to move from 65%- 75% (boys) and 81%- 90% (girls)
- Absenteeism- Reduce student absences to 14 days average per student.
- Parent Opinion Survey Data Student safety- “Managing Bullying” to improve from 84%- 90%.
Key Improvement Strategy: Enhancing student connectedness, voice and support through the Berry Street Education Model and neighbouring schools, with “Positive Education” a focus.
- Utilise the Bundarra Professional Activity Planner to support AIP and PDP goals.
- Develop understanding of Berry Street Education Model and Positive Education.
- Support school community understandings of Berry Street Education Model.
- Use ClearTrack for behaviour support documentation (use for data purposes in 2020).
- Support student leadership and effective Student Representative Council.
- Support Parents & Friends group to grow and promote Bundarra, community events, positive transitions and supportive parenting activities.
- Ensure School Council are SRC are involved in Data Analysis processes where possible. Eg. AtSS and POS.
- Utilise SPOT and FISO to monitor student learning progress throughout the year.
- Work through the FISO improvement cycle and Data Analysis Tool to monitor student attendance and perception (AtSS) data.